Mission 1 was an altered representation of a fragmented genetic memory.
- Edward: I know Groggy Bill is somewhere around here. He'll know about the stolen ship!
- Pirate 1: We should just be able to follow our noses...
- Pirate 2: This place has other smells?
The pirates made their way through the town, evading or eliminating any soldiers from the British army they encountered until they found Groggy Bill standing outside a front porch as Edward emerged from the bushes behind.
- Edward: Long time no see, Bill?
- Groggy Bill: Kenway? Aye, though I'd say not long enough.
- Edward: Aww now, don't be like that, Bill. After all, you do owe me a favor.
- Groggy Bill: Aye, well, I knew ye would come to collect at some point. I ain't got no coin, mind you!
- Edward: Not coin I want. I need to know where your old cap'n Cliff likes to go when he needs to law low. He's been causin' trouble, ya see.
Groggy Bill remained skeptical.
- Groggy Bill: Pff! I tell you that, you go find 'im, then I get found a week later.
- Edward: I were you, I'd be more worried about gettin' found today.
Convinced, Groggy Bill relented to Edward's demand.
- Groggy Bill: Fine. But you owe me a drink.
- Edward: You'll have your fill if we can get Garnet his ship back, but we should hurry.
Edward and the crew of the Sea Dog's Bite successfully located Groggy Bill and learned where his former captain Cliff often took refuge.