Ptolemy XV Philopator Philometor Caesar (born 47 BCE), better known as Caesarion (Latin: Little Caesar), was the last Pharaoh of Egypt. He was the eldest son of Queen Cleopatra, and the alleged biological son of Roman consul Gaius Julius Caesar, after whom he was named.
In 44 BCE, Caesar was assassinated by a group of Hidden Ones led by Aya, who by that point had adopted the name "Amunet", Marcus Junius Brutus, and Gaius Cassius Longinus. A few days later, Amunet confronted Cleopatra in her residence when she was playing with Caesarion. When Cleopatra questioned Amunet's actions, the Hidden One drew her Hidden Blade, which caught the attention of Caesarion. Before leaving, Amunet threatened Cleopatra to do her job as pharaoh of Egypt, who later embraced Caesarion.
Siege of Alexandria
By 30 BCE, Caesarion had moved back to Egypt and resided in the royal palace in Alexandria. With the invasion by Augustus imminent, Cleopatra had her guards train Caesarion in preparation for battle.
However, after Amunet convinced the besieged Cleopatra that the best way to save Egypt was to take her own life, the Queen asked the Hidden One to protect and train Caesarion. Amunet gave her word and took the young man with her. With the help of Phoxidas, they departed Alexandria and set sail for Rome.
- His name, Ptolemy XV Caesar “Theos Philopator Philometor”, means "the Father-loving Mother-loving God".
- Historically, Caesarion died in Alexandria, executed by Octavian on the advice on Arius Didymus.
- Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy (mnemonic set only)
- Assassin's Creed: Origins (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed: Origins comic