The two groups took gathered together on each end of the Ponte Vecchio.
- Ezio: Insieme per la vittoria! (We stand together!)
- Ezio's group: Insieme! (Together!)
- Ezio: Silenzio (Silence), my friends. Silenzio! (Silence!)
Cheers and shouts could be heard from his side.
- Ezio: Grazie. (Thank you.)
Do you know what brings us here tonight? HONOR! Vieri de' Pazzi slanders my family's name and forces his own miseries upon us. If w–
- Vieri: Enough of your nonsense, grullo! (idiot!)
- Ezio: Buona sera, Vieri! We were just talking about you. I'm surprised to see you here. I thought the Pazzi hired others to do their dirty work.
- Vieri: It's your family that cries for guards when there's trouble, codardo! (coward!) Afraid to handle things yourself?
- Ezio: Your sister seemed quite satisfied with the 'handling' I gave her earlier.
Vieri threw a stone at Ezio, which cut a deep wound into his lip.
- Vieri: Uccidetelo! (Kill him!)
Ezio brawled for a while until his brother, Federico Auditore da Firenze, arrived and joined in with the fighting.
- Federico: Ehi! (Hey!) Behind you!
- Ezio: Federico? What are you doing here?!
- Federico: I wanted to see if baby brother had finally learned how to fight.
- Ezio: And?
- Federico: You have style, but endurance is what counts. Let's see how many of them you can ruin before they get the best of you.
The two brothers and their allies managed to knock down several of Vieri's men, and the Pazzi retreated.
- Vieri: Fall back! Fall back!
- Federico: Hold on...
- Ezio: What? We've almost won this!
- Federico: Your lip...
- Ezio: Just a scratch.
- Federico: Let the doctor decide.
- Ezio: It's not necessary. Besides, I've no money for this doctor of yours.
- Federico: Wasted it on women and wine, huh?
- Ezio: I'd hardly call it wasted. Lend me some florins then...
...Or have you done the same?
Both brothers laughed, and then Federico pointed to Vieri's knocked out goons.
- Federico: Search them. There's bound to be something in their pockets.
Ezio searched the fallen thugs for money, and obtained the 200 florins he needed for a doctor's fee.
- Federico: Va bene. (Alright.) That should be enough. Let's get out of here before the guards arrive...
Ezio, along with Federico and their followers, defeated Vieri and his men. After this, Federico suggested that they visit a doctor to treat Ezio's wound, of which Ezio retained a permanent scar on his right lip from the encounter.