- "Here's the thing, and it's a thing that quite annoys me: I don't know anything about Bishop."
- ― Shaun Hastings on Bishop, 2015.[src]
Bishop is a member of the Assassin Order who is responsible for directing Assassin activity across the globe, often to sabotage the Templars. When the Brotherhood needed sets of genetic memories explored to acquire data, she would contact various individuals around the world to do so.
Becoming the Initiates' handler
Bishop's past is shrouded in mystery, as all information on who she is and where she came from appears to have been deliberately erased. In 2014, William Miles designated her as the official handler of the Initiates, a hacker collective that had been recruited to the Assassins' cause by Shaun Hastings and Rebecca Crane. Bishop was put in charge of helping them synchronize genetic memories from Abstergo Industries' cloud server, as well as acting against the Templars.
Sabotaging the Phoenix Project
- "If Arno was present for this Sage's death, it might lead Abstergo straight to his body. Naturally, we'd like to find it first."
- ―Bishop on exploring Arno's memories, 2014.[src]
Once the Initiate accepted, Bishop showed them footage of Abstergo's Phoenix Project, explaining that the Templars were searching for Sages both in the present and the past to map the Precursor genome. As Arno had encountered a Sage at some point during his lifetime, Bishop was hoping to find the Sage's remains through Arno's memories. To accomplish this, Bishop supervised the Initiate's Helix sessions, keeping Abstergo from finding out what they were doing, as well as decrypting Abstergo's confidential data during the Initiate's forays into Helix rifts.
The Initiate's research determined that Arno had buried François-Thomas Germain's remains in the catacombs beneath Paris, leaving Bishop pleased with the results as the bones would be difficult to locate and were likely too degraded for DNA extraction. She requested that the Initiate continue searching Arno's memories and gather more information that could help the Assassins.
When the Initiate later researched an additional sequence of memories, Bishop detected a glitch in the system that locked them out of the Helix data. She managed to stabilize the connection, allowing the Initiate to continue their foray into Arno's memories, eventually discovering that Arno found an Apple of Eden underneath Saint-Denis.
Hunt for the Shroud
- "Recently, Abstergo Historical Research began several new projects in London [...] We think they're hot on the trail of a new Piece of Eden."
- ―Bishop bringing the Initiate up to speed on Abstergo's activities, 2015.[src]
While the Initiate began reliving the Frye twins' memories, Shaun and Rebecca decided to wait for Ardant in her office and ambush her, to the consternation of Bishop, as that had not been the original plan. The scheme went awry when Ardant quickly summoned Master Templar Otso Berg and his associate Violet da Costa to apprehend the pair of Assassins. Luckily, Shaun and Rebecca managed to escape the office by detonating pre-planted explosives.
Sometime after, Bishop checked in on Shaun and Rebecca, expressing her relief that they had gotten away unharmed. She also informed them that the Initiate's research had identified the artifact as a Shroud of Eden. At Shaun's mention that they would need support to potentially deal with Sigma Team, Bishop contacted Galina Voronina and had her sent to London.
Later on, as night fell in London, Bishop talked to Shaun, asking him why he was pushing himself so hard. He explained that he was trying to live up to the example of an old friend who died saving the world, before he was surprised by the appearance of Galina. Reassured that her friends were safe, Bishop contacted the Initiate and stressed that they were relying on them to find the Shroud's location.
The Initiate's research later confirmed that the Shroud was hidden underneath Buckingham Palace - after the Assassins got information regarding the visual lay-out, they attempted to retrieve it, but Violet managed to escape with the artifact during the battle that ensued. Bishop nonetheless thanked the Initiate for their efforts, promising that the Shroud would be recovered in time, and then sent them footage the Assassins had procured of Violet's arrival at Abstergo.
Bishop later passed a directive from William Miles, instructing all Assassins to locate Álvaro Gramática's lab, all the while obtaining more memories of Evie Frye to maintain the Initiates' link to Helix. Later on, after Jasdip Dhami and Eric Cooper passed along their concerns regarding putting the Initiates in harm's way, Bishop passed along another directive from William, enacting the Rooftop Garden Protocol, instructing all Assassins to remain professional on their network and if they find Gramática's lab, they should not engage until a strike team is assembled, though they were permitted to choose their targets according to the Creed. Additionally, she informed the Initiates that the Assassins will be dropping out of contact with them until further notice.
- Bishop is a self-proclaimed fan of multiplayer games.
- In the credits of Assassin's Creed: Unity, Bishop is referred to as "The Enabler".
- Fingerprints recovered by Abstergo in 2014 confirmed that Bishop had at one point been in Robert Fraser's apartment, although why she did is unknown.
- As a consequence of the mystery surrounding Bishop, various theories circulated amongst the Assassins regarding her origins; Gavin Banks believed her to be former CIA, while Harlan Cunningham thought she was a defector from Erudito. Only Rebecca reportedly knew the truth, but Bishop had sworn her to secrecy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Assassin's Creed: Unity
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Unity – Dead Kings
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Database: Assassin Intel 1
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Jack the Ripper – Database: Assassin Intel 6
- ↑ Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment - Employee Handbook