|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
5th century BCE
During the Peloponnesian War, bears inhabited various regions of Greece. The Spartan misthios Kassandra occasionally hunted them and even tamed some. The faction known as the Daughters of Artemis used tamed bears to protect their territories and to accompany them on hunting trips. Sometimes spies working for either Athens or Sparta used dried bear bladders to safeguard their correspondence.
Of special note among bears was Kallisto. She was a beast of legendary size, and made her lair within the Golden Fields of Arkadia. Kassandra was tasked by the leader of the Daughters of Artemis, Daphnae, to hunt down the bear and bring back its pelt.
During the events of the Seven Years' War, the Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Cormac could hunt polar bears (Ursus maritimus) and black bears (Ursus americanus), and use the spoils to upgrade his equipment.
Ratonhnhaké:ton of the Kanien'kehá:ka Nation encountered a bear outside his village while hunting for his coming-of-age rite. In time, he gained the strength and agility necessary to hunt bears for their pelt and meat.
During his time in the Frontier, Ratonhnhaké:ton learned of a man-eating bear that had attacked a campsite nearby. He entered its cave and lured it with a fresh corpse, allowing him the opportunity to kill and skin it. He also encountered a bear on the Davenport Homestead when the farmer Warren reported his wife Prudence missing after she had gone to gather evening primrose and not returned. Ratonhnhaké:ton found her cornered by a bear, and killed it before carrying her to safety.
The Assassin Aveline de Grandpré was once kidnapped by thugs hired by Monsieur Bouché. During her escape, she was cornered by a penned bear, which she killed despite being only armed with her Hidden Blades.
In an alternate reality created by an Apple of Eden, King Washington and Benedict Arnold kept bears as pets. While working to overthrow the king in New York City, Ratonhnhaké:ton undertook a spirit journey and encountered the spirit of the bear, which granted him its strength, so he could kill multiple soldiers at once.
- While baby bears were seen in the Frontier, they could not be killed.
- Several bears could be found in the south-west corner of the Packanack hunting region.
- Assassin's Creed III (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – A Full Bladder
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Kallisto the Bear
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Worshippers of the Bloodline
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Rogue Arctic Naval Gameplay Walkthrough
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Assassin's Creed III
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
- ↑ The Tyranny of King Washington: The Redemption