Altaïr was discovered by two conversing Templars.
- Templar: Assassin! There's an Assassin here!
Altaïr made his way through the fortress, and found Maria Thorpe conversing with two Templar knights at a balcony overlooking the harbor.
- Maria: Where are my ships, soldier? I was told there would be another fleet of eight.
- Templar: I'm sorry, Maria, but this is the best we could do.
- Maria: It's barely big enough to hold our cargo! How do you propose to get the rest of us to Cyprus?
- Templar: Begging your pardon, but it might be better if you stayed in Acre.
- Maria: What is that... a threat?
- Templar: It's fair warning. Armand Bouchart is Grand Master now, and he doesn't hold you in high regard.
- Maria: Why you insolent... Very well, this ship is yours. I'll find my own way to Limassol.
- Templar: Yes, M'Lady.
The Templar knights left.
- Maria: Damn. I was a single heartbeat from knighthood. Now I'm little more than a mercenary.
Maria turned around and discovered Altaïr, attacking him.
- Maria: Well, what a surprise. The man who spared my neck, but stole my life.
Altaïr defeated Maria.
- Maria: Returned to finish me off?
- Altaïr: Not just yet. I want information. Why are the Templars sailing for Cyprus?
- Maria: It's been a long, dirty war, Assassin. Everyone deserves a holiday.
- Altaïr: The more you tell me, the longer you live. So I'll ask again, why the retreat to Cyprus?
- Maria: What retreat? King Richard has brokered a truce with Saladin, and your Order is leaderless, is it not? Once we recover the Apple of Eden, you'll be the one running.
- Altaïr: I'll save my breath. The Apple of Eden is well hidden.
- Maria: Altaïr, consider your options carefully. The Templars would pay you a great price for that relic.
- Altaïr: They already have, haven't they?
Maria was taken captive, while Altaïr spoke with one of the Assassins.
- Altaïr: What's happening on Cyprus that would concern the Templars?
- Assassin: Civil strife perhaps. Their Emperor, Isaac Comnenus, picked a fight with King Richard many months ago... and now he rots in a Templar dungeon.
- Altaïr: A pity. Isaac was so easily bent, so willing to take a bribe.
- Assassin: Ah, those days are past. Now the Templars own the island, purchased from the King for a paltry sum.
- Altaïr: Ah! Well, that's not the kind of governance we want to encourage. Do we have any contacts there?
- Assassin: I know of one in Limassol. A man named Alexander.
- Altaïr: Send him a message. Tell him to expect me within the week.
- Assassin: Yes, Altaïr.
While sailing to Cyprus, Altaïr began writing entries for his Codex.
- Altaïr: If there is good to be found in this artifact, I will discover it. But, if it is only capable of inspiring evil and despair, I hope I possess the strength to destroy it.
Altaïr set sail for Cyprus alongside a captured Maria in order to thwart the Templars' plans and influence on the island.
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines memories
|Memory Block 1|
|Memory Block 2|
|Investigate - Assassination - Delivery - Assault - Escape - Assault II - Intercept - Delivery II|
|Memory Block 3|
|Intercept - Investigate - Interrogation - Assault - Assault II - Assault III - Escape|
|Memory Block 4|
|Assault - Interrogation - Treasure Hunt - Assault II - Assault III - Escape|
|Memory Block 5|
|Tail - Assault - Investigate - Escort - Assault II - Escape|
|Memory Block 6|
|Investigate - Assassination - Assassination II - Assassination III - Interrogation - Interrogation II - Interrogation III - Investigate II|
|Memory Block 7|
|Delivery - Assassination - Intercept - Assassination II|
|Theft - Delivery - Assassination - Intercept - Assassination II - Intercept II - Intercept III - Assassination III - Delivery II|