Altaïr proceeded through the Archive, into its main chamber. There, he found Maria facing Bouchart in combat, though she was knocked out in the end.
- Armand: Witless Emperor Comnenus... he was a fool, but he was OUR fool. For almost a decade we operated in secret on this island. Our Archive was the best kept secret on Cyprus. Unfortunately, even the best laid plans were not immune to Isaac's idiocy.
- Altaïr: He angered King Richard and brought the English a little too close for comfort. Is that it?
- Armand: Fortunately we were able to convince Richard to sell the island to us. It was the only way to divert his attention.
- Altaïr: Purchasing what you already controlled...
- Armand: And look where that has gotten us. Ever since you showed up and stuck your nose into too many dark corners, the Archive hasn't been safe.
- Altaïr: I wish I could say I'm sorry. But I tend to get what I want.
- Armand: Oh, not this time, Assassin. Not now. Our little detour to Kyrenia gave us just enough time to dismantle the Archive and move it.
- Altaïr: You weren't shipping artifacts TO Cyprus... you were shipping them OUT!
- Armand: Exactly. But not everything has to go... I think we'll leave you right here.
Altaïr duelled Bouchart, and impaled him with his sword.
- Armand: Ah! You are a... a credit to your creed, Altaïr.
- Altaïr: And you have strayed from yours.
- Armand: Not strayed... expanded. The world is more complicated than most dare admit. And if you, Assassin... if you knew more than how to murder, you might understand this.
- Altaïr: Save your lecture on virtue for yourself. And die knowing that I will never let the Apple of Eden fall into any hands but my own.
- Armand: Keep it close, Altaïr. You will come to the same conclusions we did... in time...
Bouchart died, as Altaïr and Maria escaped the collapsing Archive, and made their way to the Limassol port.
- Maria: Everything I worked for in the Holy Land, I no longer want. And everything I gave up to join the Templars... I wonder where all that went, and if I should try to find it again.
- Altaïr: Will you return to England?
- Maria: No... I'm so far from home already, I'll continue on... East. To India perhaps. Or until I fall off the far edge of the world.... And you?
- Altaïr: For a long time under Al Mualim, I thought my life had reached its limit, and that my sole duty was to show others the same precipice I had discovered.
- Maria: Yes, I felt the same once.
Altaïr took out the Apple of Eden and gazed upon it.
- Altaïr: As terrible as this artifact is, it contains wonders... I would like to understand it as best I can.
- Maria: You thread a thin line, Altaïr.
- Altaïr: I know. But I have been ruined by curiosity, Maria. I want to meet the best minds, explore all the libraries of the world, and learn all the secrets of nature and the universe.
- Maria: All in one lifetime? It's a little ambitious....
- Altaïr: Who can say? It could be that one life is just enough.
- Maria: Maybe. And where will you go first?
- Altaïr: East...
Later on, Altaïr wrote another entry in the Codex.
- Altaïr: Our origins seem chaotic, unintended. With purpose and being instilled only by the passage of time. Imposed by nature - and only later, by men. What should we do with this rare gift of life?
Altaïr eliminated Armand Bouchart, and escaped the collapsing Templar Archive with Maria.
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines memories
|Memory Block 1|
|Memory Block 2|
|Investigate - Assassination - Delivery - Assault - Escape - Assault II - Intercept - Delivery II|
|Memory Block 3|
|Intercept - Investigate - Interrogation - Assault - Assault II - Assault III - Escape|
|Memory Block 4|
|Assault - Interrogation - Treasure Hunt - Assault II - Assault III - Escape|
|Memory Block 5|
|Tail - Assault - Investigate - Escort - Assault II - Escape|
|Memory Block 6|
|Investigate - Assassination - Assassination II - Assassination III - Interrogation - Interrogation II - Interrogation III - Investigate II|
|Memory Block 7|
|Delivery - Assassination - Intercept - Assassination II|
|Theft - Delivery - Assassination - Intercept - Assassination II - Intercept II - Intercept III - Assassination III - Delivery II|