Ezio made his way through Torquemada's dwelling to assassinate him.
- Ezio: You are a vile and pitiful man, Torquemada. And your alliance with the Spaniard has disqualified you from your God's love.
- Torquemada: You dare to lecture me? I am the hammer of heretics, the light of España, the honor of my order. I follow none but God's command.
- Ezio: All lies. Rodrigo Borgia is an unbeliever like me, and yet you lavish him with favors.
- Torquemada: A fantastic tale, and a spurious one. Borgia is one of three Papal candidates this year. And he is as devoted to God as I am.
- Ezio: There's no better hiding place than in the shadow of virtue. You are as blind to his evil as you are to yours.
- Torquemada: So what will you do with me, heathen? Murder me? Slit my throat and bathe in my blood?
- Ezio: No... I prefer a quick, clean kill.
The Gate droped preventing Ezio from reaching Torquemada.
- Torquemada: Guards!
- Ezio: You will discover the truth about Rodrigo Borgia in time. But by then it will be too late.
Ezio returned to the Assassins.
- Ezio: Forgive me, my friends. Torquemada escaped. But not before enlightening me on one or two points. He is a petty man, consumed by self-deception.
- Luis: What of his connection to the Spaniard?
- Ezio: He admires Rodrigo Borgia, but I do not believe Torquemada is a Templar himself. Merely a credulous old sycophant. Perhaps this is for the best. Torquemada's death would have caused more turmoil than it ended.
- Luis: We will work hard to distance him from the Queen, while we protect ourselves from the Inquisitors.
- Ezio: Best of luck, my new friends. And send me word when Christoffa returns.
- Sanchez: He has promised to write me the moment he arrives. I will forward a copy of any letter he sends.
- Ezio: I look forward to it...
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.