It originally belonged to John de la Tour, the first Assassin in the New World, before being given to Connor after he became an Assassin, many years later. The Louisianan Assassin Aveline de Grandpré later obtained an Assassin Tomahawk, after having met Connor in 1777 to eliminate the Templar George Davidson, a member of Lord Dunmore's Ethiopian Regiment.
- 18th century British Colonial America
- 18th century French Colonial America
- The Native American warriors in "The Braddock Expedition" and "Broken Trust" memories are seen wielding Assassin Tomahawks.
- If Connor equips another weapon that replaces the Assassin Tomahawk, he still wields it in certain cutscenes such as in "Public Execution" and "Lee's Last Stand".
- In Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, the weapon is called Connor's Tomahawk and has the same stats as the Chimbuya Axe.
- The Assassin Tomahawk can be obtained in Assassin's Creed III: Liberation by connecting to Assassin's Creed III, or by purchasing it for 20 Uplay points on Liberation HD.