<s>I nominate myself as the new leader!
That said, with Dark gone up to admin position, I feel this is a good opportunity to step up. Most of you know what I've done here over the years, several edits, rewrites, some new articles, and metric ton of images. Plus I'm still going at this daily, and don't plan to disappear into the void of inactivity any time soon.
But, whether this goes through or not, is up to you guys. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 20:33, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I was going to let others post their opinions here first and then act based on those, but after seeing this particular comment - "What am I, twelve? I'm supposed to only have one of two extremes of an opinion, being it's the greatest thing ever or it sucks? Are you implying I can't have a complex opinion about the project, anon?" - I am going to tell you that you are not becoming a moderator at this point. If you cannot give a normal answer to a normal question, then you will not be placed in a position where you should be helping the community. The top message on your talk page already points out your unwillingness to reply to users' question regarding a policy that quite obviously all new users are not aware of. I also think you should first sit out your 'probation' period, since you're not doing a very good job of convincing me with comments like that, and quite frankly this change in your attitude has not taken place in over three years now. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 10:12, February 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Totally being devil's advocate here now, but Kain did remove the 'unwelcoming' message on his talkpage. Crook The Constantine District 10:23, February 15, 2015 (UTC)
- That's a good start, but the issue remains. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 10:28, February 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I've given this a fair amount of thought lately, but feeling-wise wasn't capable of coming up with a suitable vote (I'm a woman - don't blame me on working on my feelings, mmkay?). However, looking through the prerequisites section at the top of this page, I came to realize that - in my mind - there isn't really a decision to be made. "The user, before nomination, must...be unbiased, unprejudiced, and fair on all aspects of wiki-related subjects." "...be able to cooperate with other users and Rifaq." "...have established a respectful stature and attitude among other users and Rifaq." Although you are certainly an asset to the wiki, based on your attitude in the past (and perhaps present, I haven't seen enough to judge that adequately) I don't think you're very suited to be staff. Nesty Contact me! 12:03, February 15, 2015 (UTC)
- My concerns are primarily around user relations. I believe you are completely a competent editor, Kain, but you are a bit rough around the edges for dealing with new folks. A little more finesse in your relations, and I could see this nomination pulling through. Something to work towards. Thanks for offering to help out, and I hope to see this nomination again when you are more comfortable welcoming the uninitiated. DarkFeather Raven's NestRaven's Hunt 21:57, February 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Really? A week passed and not a single fuck was given either way? If I was a petty bastard I'd take this as a slap, pack up and go. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 14:19, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Holy damn. I didn't even know this was here. Then again, I was still absent a week ago, so there's that... Either way, I don't feel entirely comfortable voting Yes or No. Your behaviour hasn't been exemplatory for most of your time on the wiki (not meant as a stab at you, Kain, just stating a fact...) but on the other hand there's no denying you've done good work on the wiki as well. Ugh, dilemmas, dilemmas. As soon as I've made a choice, you'll be the first to know. Nesty Contact me! 15:08, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I've probably attempted to phrase this at least ten different ways now, but the idea is: I appreciate all the work you do on behalf of the wiki (truly! lord knows I've bothered you so much over images) and I think you're a decent enough fellow, but your past actions kind of... precede you. I wasn't even around for those, I think, but I'm just worried you'll be too hard on other people. Not so much the regulars, but new people who might want to help but don't know all the policies and rules in place. No offense. If other people, who have known you much longer than I, feel it's a good idea to make you admin, I'll support that decision. (As an addendum, it's very easy to miss these things - I saw you put up the vote, so yes, I should've at least put something in the comments, but if someone didn't see it on the activity feed, they're unlikely to come to vote). Crook The Constantine District 17:49, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Kain, first I saw of this as well. Stop in IRC some time and send me an r.msg so I can swing by. As soon as you're in, send "r.help" to #ACWiki to get the syntax. When I have your page, I'll swing by and we can chat about this. I echo crook's concerns -- I have no concerns about your editing or your time commitments; you have put in more than enough of both to earn a place as Staff. My concern is around supporting and growing the community, especially when we are short people outside of the forums as it is. This kind of support is crucial to being Staff, as we are the cornerstones of the community meant to pull folks together. I'd like to talk with you before putting up a vote. I'll put this on your talkpage as well. DarkFeather Raven's NestRaven's Hunt 18:53, February 13, 2015 (UTC)