|This article is about the western comic. For other uses, see Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (disambiguation).|
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory is a prequel comic series to Assassin's Creed: Valhalla published by Dark Horse Comics. Set for three issues, the comic follows the separate exploits of Vikings Eivor Varinsdottir and Sigurd Styrbjornsson of the Raven Clan.
A Tale from the Saga of a Viking Warrior
Blades clash in this prequel to Ubisoft's next hit video game, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Written by Cavan Scott (Star Wars Adventures, Vikings), illustrated by Martin Tunica, and colored by Michael Atiyeh (The Orville, Dragon Age: Blue Wraith), Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory takes readers back to a Mid-9th Century Norway.
Eivor, a Viking warrior, observes a village raided by a neighboring kingdom. Bloodshed and mayhem erupt as she seizes the attack in her own favor—but will her victory be a blessing to her clan or a terrible curse? Elsewhere, another Viking searches for a different kind of prize, one of crucible steel . . .
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory #1 (of three) will be in comic shops on October 21, 2020. It is available for pre-order at your local comic shop.
Fearless Vikings confront their destiny in this glory-seeking prequel to Ubisoft's next hit video game, Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Tensions escalate when a village caught between two rival kingdoms is brutally raided. Eivor, warrior and daughter of wise King Styrbjorn, dispatches the raiders, rescues the villagers, and claims the settlement for her father. She also seizes a prisoner—a woman, Gull, left behind by the rivals—who declares she possesses the secrets of Asgard itself. But there is more to Gull than meets the eye, and her capture will bring death and destruction to Eivor's family. In disgrace and lured by the promise of treasures and glory, Eivor undergoes a dangerous quest to regain her honor, but what terror awaits in the forgotten temple of a powerful god? All the time, her brother Sigurd forges his own legend while searching for fortune in the lands of the East. Far from home, he finds new weapons and fresh plunder, making a discovery that will change his destiny forever . . . 
In September 2019, Cavan Scott was approached by Dark Horse Comics, and asked to travel to Montreal, Canada to work on a secret project. During his time in the studio, Scott was walked through the basics of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, the next title in the Assassin's Creed series. Production on the comic began almost immediately.
Announced on 12 July 2020, after the UbiForward event showcasing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, the prequel comic was written by Scott with artwork by Martín Túnica and Michael Atiyeh. Unlike past comic series, Song of Glory was published by Dark Horse Comics, who had also published The Art of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. The next day, Dark Horse made a press release on their website's blog revealing a general synopsis for the comic which also indicated that it would feature the female version of Eivor. In August, details of the second issue were revealed including cover art by Sumit Kumar. Details on the third and final volume in the series were released alongside cover art by Douglas P. Lobo in late September. A listing on Target's website revealed the trade paperback's release date as 20 April 2021.
|Color code key:|
|Collected (TPB) issue||Released issue||Future issue|
|Issue||Title||Publication date||Trade paperback|
|1||Song of Glory 1||21 October 2020|
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory
20 April 2021
|2||Song of Glory 2||18 November 2020|
|3||Song of Glory 3||23 December 2020|
- Hua, Holly (12-07-2020). Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla Release Date Announced for November 17. Business Wire. Archived from the original on July 13, 2020. Retrieved on July 12, 2020.
- Dark Horse to Publish Comics Prequel to Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Dark Horse Comics (13-07-2020). Archived from the original on July 14, 2020. Retrieved on July 13, 2020.
- Scott, Cavan (14-07-2020). Writing Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory. Cavan Scott. Archived from the original on July 17, 2020. Retrieved on July 17, 2020.
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory #2. Dark Horse Comics. Archived from the original on August 23, 2020. Retrieved on August 23, 2020.
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory #3. Dark Horse Comics. Archived from the original on September 22, 2020. Retrieved on September 22, 2020.
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory - by Cavan Scott (Hardcover). Target. Archived from the original on October 11, 2020. Retrieved on October 11, 2020.