In Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, several outfits are available to those who complete certain challenges or meet specific criteria, which are listed below. Once an outfit is unlocked and equipped, it will alter Edward Kenway's appearance. Edward could change his outfits in the cabin of his ship, the Jackdaw; at any general store throughout the West Indies; or in the basement of his manor on Great Inagua.
- 1 Special outfits
- 1.1 Edward Kenway's robes
- 1.2 Brown cloak
- 1.3 Pirate cloak
- 1.4 Crimson cloak
- 1.5 Privateer outfit
- 1.6 Pirate captain outfit
- 1.7 Explorer outfit
- 1.8 Merchant outfit
- 1.9 Governor's outfit
- 1.10 Officer's outfit
- 1.11 Politician's outfit
- 1.12 Templar armor
- 1.13 Stealth outfit
- 1.14 Mayan outfit
- 1.15 Edward the Legend outfit
- 1.16 Hunter outfit
- 1.17 Feline pelt outfit
- 1.18 Shark hunter outfit
- 1.19 Whaler outfit
- 1.20 Haytham Kenway's overcoat
- 1.21 Captain Morgan's redingote
- 1.22 Stede Bonnet's attire
- 1.23 Captain Drake's outfit
- 1.24 Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad's robes
- 1.25 Ezio Auditore's robes
- 1.26 Connor's outfit
- 2 Temporary outfits
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
Edward Kenway's robes
A brown cloak praised by veteran sailors for its resistance.
A standard cloak many pirates once wore to express their pride.
A ruddy cloak praised by the Spanish aristocracy.
A sleek black outfit, very common among privateers throughout the West Indies.
Pirate captain outfit
A black and red outfit, used by pirate captains to distinguish themselves and establish their authority.
Earned after completing community challenges, this is an earthy brown outfit, appreciated by explorers for its sturdiness.
A white and grey outfit typically worn by merchants throughout the West Indies.
Earned after finding a social treasure, this is an outfit that governors often wore for public appearances, in order to boost their prestige in the eyes of their constituents.
Collected by Edward's fleet, this is an outfit praised by English officers for its beauty.
An outfit quite popular among the English Crown's representatives.
Gained by opening the cage in the Great Inagua hideout using five Templar keys, this is a light and flexible armor that offers increased resistance to enemy attacks.
Earned after completing half of the Assassin's contracts, this outfit was specifically designed to improve the chances that its wearer would remain undetected.
Edward the Legend outfit
Redeemed on Uplay and worn by Edward for a brief time near the end of his career – as Captain Edward Kenway, Legend of the Open Sea – he once had the taste for the finer, flashier things in life.
Feline pelt outfit
Requiring an ocelot pelt and a jaguar pelt to be crafted, this is a hand-made feline's pelt outfit, which is soft and supple.
Shark hunter outfit
Requiring two shark skins to be crafted, this is a hand-made shark hunter's outfit. Rough to the touch, easy on the eyes.
Requiring three white whale skins to be crafted, this is a traditional whaler's outfit, which is sturdy and comfortable in extreme conditions.
Haytham Kenway's overcoat
Obtained via a code shipped with Haytham's figurine, or by ordering Edward Kenway: The Assassin Pirate figurine. Edward acquired the outfit from a chest in the Great Inagua treasure room.
Captain Morgan's redingote
Stede Bonnet's attire
Captain Drake's outfit
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad's robes
Awarded to those with an internet connection and one previous Assassin's Creed game in their Uplay rewards and actions.
Ezio Auditore's robes
Awarded to those with an internet connection and two previous Assassin's Creed game in their Uplay rewards and actions.
Awarded to those with an internet connection and three previous Assassin's Creed games in their Uplay rewards and actions.
Worn during the Edward Kenway memory.
Duncan Walpole's robes
Worn during the memory sequences 1 and 2.
Italian Diplomat outfit
Worn as a disguise during the A Governor No Longer memory.
Worn during the Diving for Medicines memory and other diving expeditions, as well as harpooning activities.
Worn by Adéwalé as a disguise during the Lifting the Veil memory.
- The descriptions for the Explorer and Merchant outfits appear to be stated erroneously, as their colorations are reversed.
- Duncan Walpole's robes, as well as the Politician, Governor and Officer outfits, all share the same design.
- Haytham Kenway's overcoat, as well as the Privateer, Pirate captain, Explorer and Merchant outfits, all share the same design with Edward Kenway's robes.
- The Stealth outfit is nearly identical to Ah Tabai's robes, with the exception of the hood.
- Upon obtaining the Templar armor, it could still be found inside the gibbet at the Great Inagua's manor, even if Edward was wearing it.
- The red sash tightly woven under the leather belt of Altaïr's robes does not flow freely at all and remains stationary.
- The Templar armor bore similarities to the robes worn by Shay Cormac following his induction into the Templar Order.