Assassin's Creed Chronicles is an Assassin's Creed spin-off series of side-scrolling 2.5D video games. Three installments focusing on Shao Jun, Arbaaz Mir and Nikolai Orelov have been released. The first entry, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, was released on April 21, 2015, on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The second entry, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India, was released on January 12, 2016 on the same platforms. The last game, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia, was released on February 9, 2016.
The games are 2.5D side scrolling platformers. Many of the same weapons from the series return like Shao Jun's Hidden Foot Blade and rope darts, daggers are also featured. While controlling either Shao Jun, Arbaaz Mir, or Nikolai Orelov, players can use stealth tactics such as hiding from enemies in shadows and can climb areas that are highlighted with more color.
- Main article: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
The game follows Shao Jun, who is the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood, during her return to China in 1526, as the Ming dynasty starts to crumble and two years after the events of the short film Assassin's Creed: Embers. Strengthened by her meeting with Ezio Auditore da Firenze and armed with her stealth and combat skills, Shao Jun goes on a quest for vengeance against the Templars and to restore her fallen Brotherhood.
- Main article: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
The game follows Arbaaz Mir in Amritsar 1841, in the midst of a war between the Sikh Empire and the East India Company, two years after the events of the graphic novel Assassin's Creed: Brahman. Arbaaz must recover the famed Koh-i-Noor diamond, a powerful Piece of Eden that used to belong to the Assassin Brotherhood from a newly arrived Master Templar. While doing so, he must also protect his Mentor Hamid, and his lover princess Pyara Kaur.
- Main article: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
The game follows Nikolai Orelov in Russia, 1918, in events taking places between Assassin's Creed: The Fall and Assassin's Creed: The Chain as Orelov tried to leave the country with his family. As a final assignment for the Assassin Order before his departure, Nikolai must steal an artifact from the Bolsheviks holding the Tsar's family. In the midst of the theft, Nikolai witnessed the murder of most of Nicholas' children. Nikolai saved the grand duchess, Anastasia, and must protect her, and the artifact, from the Templars.
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China was first announced in September 2014 to be included in the season pass for Assassin's Creed: Unity. It was announced by Ubisoft that Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China would be the first part in the Chronicles trilogy, followed by games in India and Russia. China, the first of the announced trilogy was then released on April 21, 2015 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and was the first in the series to utilize Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3.
- Makuch, Eddie (20-04-2015). First Assassin's Creed 2.5D Game Launch Trailer. GameSpot. Archived from the original on April 22, 2015. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- Sliva, Marty (02-04-2015). Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Bringing the series to 2D". IGN. Archived from the original on May 16, 2019. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- Karmali, Luke (23-09-2014). Assassin's Creed Unity DLC Includes New Story in China. IGN. Archived from the original on December 7, 2014. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- Bradley, Eoin (01-04-2015). Assassin's Creed Chronicles trilogy confirmed by Ubisoft. Made for Gaming. Archived from the original on April 4, 2015. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.