The following are achievements that can be earned in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.
|Icon||Name||How to obtain||Points||Trophy|
|Epic Cycle||Earn every trophy.||N/A|
|This is Sparta!||Complete the Battle of 300.||10|
|An Odyssey in the Making||Complete Episode 1.||15|
|Past Mistakes||Complete Episode 2.||15|
|Evil Unearthed||Complete Episode 3.||15|
|The Bright Minds||Complete Episode 4.||15|
|From the Ashes||Complete Episode 5.||15|
|Democracy Falls||Complete Episode 6.||15|
|Legend in the Making||Complete Episode 7.||15|
|Taking Back Athens||Complete Episode 8.||20|
|Odyssey's End||Complete Episode 9 + Epilogue.||50|
|Child of Poseidon||Complete all underwater location objectives.||15|
|Make It Your Own||Engrave your first item.||15|
|You Work For Me Now||Recruit and assign a Legendary NPC to your ship.||15|
|Shiny!||Acquire and equip your first Legendary item.||15|
|I am Legend||Equip 1 Legendary melee weapon and 5 Legendary armor pieces.||30|
|Are You Not Entertained?||Become Champion of the Arena.||30|
|Demigod||Reach Level 50.||15|
|Godly Power||Acquire a Tier 3 active Ability.||15|
|Legacy Restored||Upgrade your Spear to Tier 6.||30|
|Top of the Food Chain||Become the first Mercenary.||20|
|The Cult Unmasked||Defeat all the Cultists of Kosmos.||30|
|Stink Eye||Recover the Cyclops's eye from a goat on Kephallonia.||15|
|Hermes's Homie||Unveil all sub-regions of Greece.||20|
|In Perseus's Image||Defeat Medusa.||20|
|A-maze-ing Victory!||Defeat the Minotaur.||20|
|Eye on the Prize||Defeat the Cyclops.||20|
|Riddle Me This||Outwit the Sphinx.||15|
|Lord of the Seas||Fully upgrade the Adrestia.||30|
|The Argonauts||Fully crew the Adrestia with Legendary lieutenants.||30|
|Master of the Hunt||Complete the Daughters of Artemis questline.||20|
|Everybody Benefits||Complete Markos's questline.||20|
|Trust Me, I'm a Doctor||Complete the Hippokrates questline.||20|
|A Pirate's Life for Me||Complete Xenia's questline.||20|
|Going For Gold||Complete the Olympic questline.||30|
|Scourge of the Aegean.||Sink your first Epic Ship.||15|
|Blood Sport||Defeat a Mercenary in the Arena.||20|
|Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger||Upgrade the Adrestia for the first time.||20|
|Fashion's Creed||Equip a Legendary Armor set.||15|
|Aphrodite's Embrace||Spend the night with another character.||15|
|One Head Down…||Defeat a full cluster of Cultists of Kosmos.||30|
|Birthright||Discover Atlantis and speak with Pythagoras.||15|
|Ramming Speed||Cleave a ship in half.||15|
|I Have the Power||Perform an Overpower Attack with every weapon type.||15|
|War Master||Kill the Leader of any Region with Low Resources, other than Megaris.||15|
|Misthios in Training||Complete 20 Bounties, War Contracts, or Naval Quests from Message Boards.||20|
|Island Hopper||Complete 20 Quests on Pephka, Obsidian and Abantis Islands.||50|
|Infamous||Raise your bounty to the maximum level.||15|
|Hero for Hire||Win your first land conquest battle in any region (excluding Megaris in Hero's Journey).||15|
|Wrath of the Amazons||Cleave a ship while having an all-women crew.||15|
|The Midas Touch||Engrave a Legendary Item with a Legendary Effect.||15|
|The Show Must Go On||Complete The Show Must Go On.||10|
|Lightning Rod||Defeat Steropes the Lightning Bringer.||20|
|Divine Intervention||Complete Divine Intervention.||10|
|Volcanic Sunscreen||Defeat Arges the Bright One.||20|
|The Image of Faith||Complete The Image of Faith.||10|
|The Daughters of Lalaia||Complete The Daughters of Lalaia.||10|
|A Poet's Legacy||Complete A Poet's Legacy.||10|
|A Brother's Seduction||Complete A Brother's Seduction.||10|
|A Friend Worth Dying For||Complete A Friend Worth Dying For.||10|
|The Heir of Memories||Complete The Heir of Memories.||10|
|Lone Lion||Kill the Makedonian Lion.||20|
|Without a Trace||Kill 10 enemies using the Death Veil ability.||20|
|The Start of a Legacy||Discover the truth about Darius' past.||20|
|Breaking the Limit||Land a Rush Assassinate that chains 4 times with the Pride of the Lion.||20|
|Predator and Prey||Kill all of the Ancients in the Order of the Hunters in Makedonia.||30|
|Rain of Arrows||Kill 10 enemies using the Rapid Fire ability.||20|
|Fire on Water||Set 10 enemy ships on fire.||20|
|Parry to Carry||Heal by parrying 10 times with the Judgment of the Lion.||20|
|Blood of Leonidas *||Continue the bloodline.||20|
|Stormculler||Kill all of the Ancients in the Order of the Storm in Achaia.||30|
|Seeing Red||Kill 10 enemies using the Fury of the Bloodline Ability.|
|Bittersweet Beginnings||Secure your bloodline.|
|Surgical Sniper||Heal by getting 10 headshot kills while you have the Golden Harbinger equipped.|
|Kingmaker||Acquire the Sword of Kings.|
|For Love of Persia||Kill all the Ancients in the Order of Dominion in Messenia.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Only available after downloading The Lost Tales of Greece.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Only available after downloading Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Only available after downloading Legacy of the First Blade: Shadow Heritage.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Only available after downloading Legacy of the First Blade: Bloodline.
- * See Controversy.
- Main article: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey controversy
On January 15, 2019, the second chapter of the three-part DLC Legacy of the First Blade was released. Titled Shadow Heritage, it continued the story of Kassandra as she fought the Order of the Ancients alongside Darius and his son Natakas after the events of the main game. However, within hours of its release, it drew criticism from the LGBT+ community. As reported by Kotaku, the episode concluded with a cut-scene revealing that Kassandra had entered into a relationship with Natakas and given birth to a son, whether players had been invested in romancing Natakas or not. Reaction was swift and furious, with fans taking to social media to condemn Ubisoft for promoting a game where player agency could define Kassandra's sexuality, only to take that control away. Further issue was taken over the achievement unlocked at the cut-scene, titled Growing Up and with "Start a family" as its description, as it unconsciously reinforced the notion that a person's sexuality was just a phase in their life that could be "corrected" upon finding the right heterosexual partner.
The next day, Dumont released a statement apologizing to players, admitting the team "missed the mark" in a "decision [that] was poorly executed", before stating that romance would again be optional in the final DLC chapter. While the apology was appreciated, players commented that Dumont did not mention whether the DLC would be corrected, a fact that in their eyes rendered his words meaningless. Dumont soon released another statement, explaining that the naming of the trophy was not meant to offend and announcing that it would be changed in a future patch. This adjustment was welcomed, but fans still noted that, again, he had made no comment on the DLC being modified. Worries were put to rest on January 24, when a Ubisoft community manager informed players that a patch changing some dialogue and cut-scenes was imminent and being tested to ensure it would be reflected in the final DLC chapter. On February 15, a full month after Shadow Heritage's release, AccessTheAnimus reported that the trophy and its description had since been changed.
- The achievement This is Sparta! is a reference to the line from the movie 300 said by King Leonidas I before kicking a Persian messenger down a well. It eventually became popular online up to the point where it became an internet meme.
- The achievement Are You Not Entertained? is a reference to the line from the movie Gladiator said by Maximus Decimus Meridius after swiftly and methodically defeating his opponents in an arena, disappointing the gathered audience that had hoped for a bloody drawn-out match.
- The achievement The Argonauts is a reference to the group of heroes who sailed with Jason on his quest to retrieve the Golden Fleece, a mythical object that was a Piece of Eden known as the Shroud.
- The achievement Trust Me, I'm a Doctor is a reference to the 1996 BBC documentary television series of the same name.
- The achievement Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is a reference to the Daft Punk song of the same name.
- The achievement I Have the Power is a reference to the classic line by the character He-Man from the 1983 animated television series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
- The icon for the achievement Wrath of the Amazons is a visual reference to the woman from J. Howard Miller's World War II poster "We Can Do It!" who is colloquially referred to as "Rosie the Riveter". In truth, she was unnamed in the original work and was based off Naomi Parker's likeness, with her naming by the public as "Rosie" not becoming mainstream until the 1980s.
- The icon for the achievement Kingmaker is a visual reference to the weapon known as the "King's Sword" from the 2005 game Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. Once wielded by the King of Persia, it was acquired by the Prince after the mysterious death of his father.
- ↑ Twitter - @assassinscreed: "The second episode from the three-part DLC, Legacy of the First Blade, will be available tomorrow January 15! For more information on available times and accessing the DLC, read our post."
- ↑ Kotaku - Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Latest DLC Has A Romantic Ending You Can't Change
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly - OK, Cupid: An ode to same-sex romancing in Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- ↑ Nerdist - The Importance in Assassin's Creed Odyssey Letting You Romance Regardless of Gender
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 PinkNews - Assassin's Creed Odyssey forces characters into straight relationship
- ↑ TheMarySue - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Director Apologizes for Mandatory Heterosexual Relationship and Baby Storyline
- ↑ Tumblr - @shepardtsoni: "Whoever posted this on the Assassin's Creed reddit[...]" (screenshot of deleted post)
- ↑ Reddit - (SPOILER) The DLC Ending... (RANT)
- ↑ Polygon - Assassin's Creed Odyssey director apologizes for forcing characters into a traditional relationship
- ↑ Twitter - @assassinscreed: "A message from Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Creative Director Jonathan Dumont about Legacy of the First Blade DLC, Shadow Heritage [Spoilers] https://ubi.li/rm6xm"
- ↑ Ubisoft Forums - [SPOILER] DLC 1.2 - A message from Creative Director Jonathan Dumont
- ↑ Kotaku - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Director Says 'We Missed The Mark' With Controversial DLC Relationship
- ↑ Twitter - @assassinscreed: "A production update on Legacy of the First Blade DLC, Shadow Heritage: https://ubi.li/x8s25"
- ↑ Ubisoft Forums - [SPOILER] DLC 1.2 - Production Update
- ↑ Twitter - @AccessTheAnimus: "The infamous "Growing Up" Achievement [...] for #AssassinsCreedOdyssey has been changed" pic.twitter.com/0i9uopIjGJ pic.twitter.com/0i9uopIjGJ