|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
"Assassin's Creed: Identity" is the first Assassin's Creed action RPG game for iPad and iPhone that lets you create, develop and customize your own Assassins and play as them in one of the greatest classic Assassin's Creed eras: the Italian Renaissance."
Assassin's Creed: Identity primarily takes place in Florence and Rome during the Renaissance. New locations, and items, can be unlocked by playing through the game. The database returns, offering entries on historic monuments, characters and events.
The missions in Identity center around the Crows gang and the First Civilization. Missions are short and varied, generated from sixteen different mission types. Players can choose to hire friends and other players to help complete objectives.
Identity allows players to train, develop and equip two different Assassins. Players can choose from four classes: Berserker, Shadow Blade, Trickster and Thief. Each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. Assassins can be customized with unique outfits and color variations. Using the forging system, players can create new items and use it to customize their Assassin.
Controls and graphics
Identity supports tap-to-move, dual virtual stick controls and gamepads. Running on the Unity engine, the game features custom-made HD textures, shaders and models, as based on the Assassin's Creed console games. It also includes a dynamic crowd system and lighting, as well as night, day and weather presets.
In order to effectively solve most enemies, the Kill Token can be gained by killing guards, which increases the meter by one bar; conversely, every injury in combat decreases the meter by one bar. Represented by a meter with three tiers. When the meter upon being completely filled, it grants Lo Sparviero the ability to execute the target.
The game was soft-launched on iPhone and iPad in Australia and New Zealand on September 30, 2014. Ubisoft also claims that the game's visuals represent "a new milestone in mobile graphics". The game was made by the Unity game engine. It's need at least iOS version 7 to install it, and nothing older than a 3rd-generation iPad or iPhone 5 to play.
Update 1.1.0, released on November 26, 2014, the game updated with new features: 
- Achievements: Prove your skills by unlocking achievements in the game. Each achievement also provides you with a useful reward.
- Challenges: Become a true Assassin by mastering even the toughest challenges for each mission.
- Leap of Faith: The iconic move of any true Assassin is now finally available.
- New location to unlock: Roma Coloseo is now playable!
- Daily rewards: Your loyalty shall be rewarded. Earn valuable items each day you enter the game.
- Action button: Don’t want to take your fingers of the device while playing? Simply use the new action button instead of tapping on the screen.
- New tutorials: All parts of the game are now more thoroughly explained in the new and enhanced tutorial.
- Modules: Earn modules to equip your Assassin with buffs that give you an advantage in your missions for a limited amount of time.
- UI Improvements: The Animus has been improved to become more intuitive and easier to understand.
- Reworked Kill Token UI: The revamped kill token allows you to trigger awesome finishing moves.
- Enhanced decryption: You can now choose the Assassin for which you generate loot.
- More mission objectives: Additional mission types are available in all locations.
- Skill progression: You will need a few more points to unlock the latest Skill Tiers, but you can now unlock your secondary class faster.
Update 1.2.0, released on January 27, 2015, the update following:
- Successfully completed missions now have a chance of rewarding with items
- Modules and decryption components
- Invite and play with Facebook friends
- Llink profile with Facebook to save progress
- Progress faster with the new XP Module
- 10+ new Achievements and Story Mission challenges
- New feature: Refresh mission button
- Tutorial pop-ups are not shown any longer after completing the first Story Mission successfully
- The cooldown of Skills is now visible without opening the Skill Wheel
- The Assassin Hireling list has been improved (one list per Assassin, faster refresh)
- Parkour Missions have been improved
- The tutorial has been improved
- Additional bug fixing
Update 1.3.0, released on March 5, 2015, the update following:
- Hidden chests: Find hidden chests to get extra loot in each mission!
- Reward boost: Get an extra amount of Coins in each mission by using the new Reward Boost.
- Everyplay®: Capture and share your best moments with the new integration of Everyplay®! (Only available on some devices)
- Generous rewards: You now get more Coins and XP for each mission.
- Access to locations: You will get access to new locations way faster than before.
- Training costs: Training your Assassin is cheaper now!
- New item names: This renaming should make things easier to understand and be more intuitive.
- Mission flow: Continue directly to the next mission without having to go back to the animus.
- Bugs fixed: Several smaller bug fixes will improve your experience.
Update 1.6.0, released on September 1, 2015, the update following:
- Heroic mode: Unlock a new heroic difficulty level by completing the story campaign. This will present you with extraordinary challenges and the chance to unlock even more features and game modes.
- Story rework: the game changed with the new story.
- New mission structure: Switch anytime between following the story campaign or playing countless contract missions for extra rewards and specific items.
- New tutorials: Get to know each new feature you unlock in a completely reworked tutorial.
- New inventory: You can now find all of your possessions and player stats in the redesigned inventory for a much easier overview.
- Mystery boxes: Get your hands on these precious treasure chests in order to receive random rewards of various qualities.
- Forge system: Replacing the decryption system, this new feature allows you to upgrade your old or unused equipment into more powerful gear.
- Boosts: Replacing the module system, you can now considerably boost your Assassin’s skills for a limited amount of time with ease.
- Free credits: You now have the chance to earn some extra Abstergo Credits for free. Visit the shop!
- New campaign “Forlì – A Crimson Sunset”, it includes: A brand-new location: the fortified village of Forlì, which has two maps, At Dusk and Under Siege, four new story mission.
- A new type of contract mission: “Crow Hunt”
- 2 legendary weapons to earn from the Heroic shop, including “The Sword of Altaïr”.
- Hidden Treasure Chests to find on maps
- Improved Daily challenges
- Great new novice packs and outfits in the shop including the “Ghost Robe” and “Pulverizer” outfits.
- Hall of Fame: List of leading players of each rank. See your ranking and compare it with your friends, and the world
- Earn Event Points and climb the Event Leaderboard to get great rewards
- New items and outfits
- New packages are now available in the shop
- Added brand new pirates outfits and items including eyepatches.
- Check out which equipment other Assassins are using.
- Reset your profile to restart the game.
- Adjusted the balancing and improved the forge.
- New background music from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
On September 24, 2016, the official announced the game was available worldwide for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 again. The device needs to update to Marshmallow (Android 6.0).On November 22, 2016, the official announced the next update will content the Movie, and will be updated in the next day.
- A 4 weeks long special event for a chance to win the famous Benedicto and Aguilar outfits.
- New gear from the Spanish Inquisition featuring more than 100 new weapons and armor.
- New Relic chests will give a chance to win color variations of the Spanish Novice, Benedicto and Aguilar outfits.
On February 24, 2017, celebration of the 1st anniversary.
Update 2.8.9, released on November 7, 2018 ,the update supports iPhone x.
- 2016 HMMA Winners
- App Store - Best of 2016
- ↑ Gamespot: Ubisoft Reveals Its New Action-RPG, Assassin's Creed Identity
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Techtimes:Ubisoft surprises fans with 'Assassin's Creed Identity' game
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Update 141126
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Update 150125
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Update 150305
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 AppStore - Assassin's Creed Identity Version History
- ↑ GameInformer: Assassin's Creed: Identity announced
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: "In case you missed yesterday's enigma, we can at last now confirm that Assassin's Creed Identity for Android will be unleashed in the Google Play Store on May 18th! We can also proudly say that the first iOS update will be available on the same date as well. The update will include the much anticipated Forli - A Crimson Sunset which will be a premium DLC available for both Android and iOS. So tell us Assassins, are you ready?"
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Update 160517
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: Our 2nd update is finally available, get ready for some competition, Assassins!
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Update 2.6.0
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: Ahoy Assassins! To celebrate the upcoming Black Flag update (coming September 15th), you can now get Assassin’s Creed Identity at -40% until the end of the month!
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Black Flag Update 2.7.0
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: What's that sound from over the horizon? It's our new background music for the Black Flag update. Enjoy!
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: Here ye, Assassins! We're pleased to announce that Assassin's Creed - Identity is now available worldwide for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 again! Players with the device will need to update to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) and download the app on Google Play at http://ubi.li/5dey5.
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: Assassins, prepare yourselves for new Assassin's Creed - The Movie swag! Come tomorrow, we'll be adding new game play events, weapons and armor from the Spanish Inquisition, as well as new relic chests for a chance at looting the Aguilar and other new outfits!
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity Update 161123
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity - 1st anniversary
- ↑ Twitter - ACIdentity: "#News We're excited to announce #ACIdentity won best Song/Score in Mobile Video Game at @HMMA2. CONGRATS to @BroadbentJeff and the team!"
- ↑ Hollywood Music in Media Awards - 2016 Hollywood Music in Media Awards Winners
- ↑ Facebook - @AssassinsCreedIdentity: As this year comes to a close, we'd like to say THANK YOU to South Africa and Middle East Assassins for voting Assassin's Creed - Identity your choice for iPad Game of the Year in 2016!!
- ↑ developer.apple.com: Best of 2016(archive 02-16-2017)