Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice is an upcoming Assassin's Creed-themed board game. A Kickstarter for the game was launched on November 13, 2018, and was successfully funded in less than 24 hours. The estimated release date is set for June 2020.
During the development, 3 expansions were announced by the developers through social networks.
- Roma - Discover 4 new assassins! You can play them in the main campaign from the core box.
- Creed vs Crows - The Competitive Versus Game Mode is played with 2 to 4 players.
Two teams are opposed in a Borgia Fortress in 8 standalone Memories: two Assassins on one side and two Crows on the other. The teams start from opposite sides of the game board and must complete objectives before the other team. Both teams can call on their Mentor (Ezio Auditore or Cesare Borgia) to come help them.
Objectives are variable and range from destroying the other team’s Tower to capturing an Objective in the other side’s territory, eliminating all the opponents’ teammates and more. The Assassins and Crows are intruders in the Fortress so Guards will act as usual against both teams.
This mode allows players to jump in and jump out of the game without any influence on the campaign. All Memories are independent and can be played in 30 to 90 minutes. All Memories are highly replayable depending on each player's strategy.
- Tokyo XXI - The modern-day expansion is an optional setting that will tie in the main storyline, it features 4 modern day Assassins in a completely different environment! The expansion is set in Tokyo, modern day, and has been confirmed to be canon. It will feature a unique storyline involving well known characters, led by Layla Hassan, Rebecca Crane, Kiyoshi Takakura and a yet unidentified Assassin.
Each one will approach different Characters, Places or Ages, thus changing all the cards and the pieces of the game.
How to play
The campaign is expected to take 20+ hours. It can be played by 1-4 players against an enemy faction. The characters operate out of an HQ.
Each Turn has 4 phases:
- Event Phase: draw an event card and apply its effect.
- Assassins Phase: each Assassin takes actions with their in the order they want.
- Guards Phase: Guards move, fight if applicable and reinforcements come in. (Note: This Phase is ignored during the first Memory played, it will be discovered later.)
- End Phase: Check if a new Game Turn should be started.
Each Assassin has equipment they can use, these are applied by playing Equipment cards. Equipment cards will show the equipments; type, value (in florins), Number of the envelopment the card was from, Action Cube cost to use, and also the symbol designating where on the board it goes.
Triton Noir currently has advertised two editions for pre-order.
- A retail copy of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice
- Two sets of Assassin & Apprentice Cards
- Over 35 Reward cards
- More than 34 Event cards
- More than 88 Equipment cards
- 70+ Secret cards
- 24 unique Reinforcement cards
- 4 multilayered cardboard Assassin / Apprentice Boards
- A two-sided Templar Board
- 26 Dice
- 56 plastic cubes
- Over 20 Memory Envelopes to be opened during the campaign
- 4 Objective bases
- Over 50 Tiles used to build the game maps
- 18 colored clip-on bases
- The Mercenaries Headquarters board & its unique Event deck
- The Courtesan Headquarters board & its unique Event deck
- The full color Rules booklet
- The full color Campaign book
- The organizer system
- 143 miniatures (including secret miniatures in opaque boxes)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Kotaku | New Assassin's Creed Board Game Has Miniatures, A Campaign And An Ezio Cameo
- ↑ KickStarter: Assassin's Creed®: Brotherhood of Venice - Funded!
- ↑ KickStarter: Assassin's Creed®: Brotherhood of Venice
- ↑ (PDF) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice Campaign Book
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 (PDF) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice Rule Book