Ezio Auditore returned to the hideout on Tiber Island. With La Volpe's suspicions about Machiavelli finally quelled, the Assassin Order was strong enough to formulate an attack. The Assassins discussed their plans and for her skill and efforts, Claudia was initiated into the Brotherhood.
- Ezio: Volpe, how goes Roma?
- La Volpe: Very well Ezio. The French and the Papal forces are in disarray.
- Ezio: Then it is almost time. Call the Assassins together and... bring Claudia.
- La Volpe: Now?
- Ezio: Yes.
All the Assassins including Bartolomeo d'Alviano and La Volpe gathered at the hideout on Tiber Island, to initiate Claudia into the Order.
- Machiavelli: Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our Creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.
- Ezio: Claudia. We here dedicate our lives to protecting the freedom of humanity. Mario, our father and our brother once stood around this fire, fighting off the darkness. Now, I offer the choice to you. Join us.
Claudia extended her left hand and Machiavelli branded her ring finger. Then, Machiavelli spoke to Ezio.
- Machiavelli: You and I have not seen eye-to-eye on many issues.
- Ezio: Niccolò-
- Machiavelli: But you are exactly what the Order needed. You have led the charge against the Templars and rebuilt this Brotherhood. Now, we must put Ezio where he belongs, at the head of the Assassins. Ezio Auditore da Firenze. You will now be known as il Mentore (The Mentor), the guardian of our Order and our secrets.
Machiavelli slightly bowed and stepped aside.
- Ezio: Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember...
- All: Nothing is true.
- Ezio: Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember...
- All: Everything is permitted.
Claudia Auditore performed a leap of faith from the roof of the hideout. Ezio confronted Machiavelli.
- Ezio: Why the sudden change of heart?
- Machiavelli: I have always stood by you. I was the one who brought you to Roma, and the one who caused the explosion as you fled the Castello. The mercenari who protected you at il Colosseo (The Colosseum) were mine as well. You just did not know it.
An informant walked onto the roof.
- Informant: Maestro Machiavelli. Cesare has returned to Roma alone. He rides for the Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Machiavelli: Grazie. (Thank you.)
- Ezio: Well?
- Machiavelli: The decision is yours, not mine.
- Ezio: Niccolò. You'd better not stop telling me what you think. Why else would I seek the opinion of my most trusted advisor?
- Machiavelli: Go kill them, Mentore. Finish what you started.
- Ezio: Good advice.
- Machiavelli: I intend to write a book about you one day.
- Ezio: If you do, make it short.
Ezio Auditore was given the title Il Mentore (The Mentor) of the Assassin Order. Claudia Auditore was initiated into the Order.
- While asking Claudia to join, Ezio mentions that their brother, Federico Auditore, was also a member of the Assassin Order. This, however, was never mentioned in Assassin's Creed II.
- Machiavelli's future book is presumably his most famous, The Prince. Most historians believe it was written principally about Cesare Borgia. It is, as requested, fairly short.