|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
|This article is about the French-Austrian Assassin. You may be looking for the Tuscan waterway.|
An orphan who blamed himself for the death of his adoptive father, Arno sought redemption by joining the Assassins in 1789 and working to expose the true instigators of the Revolution, whilst also avenging him in the process.
Born to an Austrian mother and a French father with strong ancestral roots to the Assassins, Arno was raised in a noble household in Versailles; due to his upbringing, he was well educated, having access to tutors and books. However, in 1776, when Arno was eight, his father was murdered. He was subsequently adopted by the French Templar Grand Master, though the latter died soon after in a similar manner to Arno's biological father. Wracked with guilt and blaming himself, Arno sought out the Assassins to find redemption, helping those suffering similar injustice.
Personality and characteristics
With his troubled past, Arno set out on a quest to find redemption, using this goal to help others in the turbulant time of the French Revolution. As a newcomer to the Assassins, he was prone to questioning their typical approach and age-old beliefs, but was aided in the field by his stealthy and ruthless nature.
Arno was witty and charismatic but also no-nonsense, which fed into his sharp sense of humor, falling back on it whenever he felt emotionally vulnerable. Due to the fact that he was well-educated, Arno often quoted classical books, though his noble upbringing did not prevent him from cheating at card games. 
Equipment and skills
Arno often wore a dark blue hooded coat, waistcoat, and breeches with leather gaiters, rather than the stockings which were fashionably popular in his time. In regards to weaponry, he used the Phantom Blade – a wrist-mounted crossbow that fired poison darts – as well as a French cutlass and a multi-barreled pistol. A dynamic leader and a skilled swordsman, Arno stopped at nothing to uncover the truth about the forces controlling the Revolution for their own gain.
- Arno's name is a derivative of German Arnold and French Arnaud. Its old German origin is Arenwald, meaning "eagle power", from arn "eagle" and wald "power" or "governing". Victor is Latin for "conqueror", while Dorian is a Greek name meaning "gifted".
- Arno is the third playable character not to be related to Desmond Miles, with the first being Aveline de Grandpré and second being Adéwalé.
- Arno is also the second playable Assassin to have a romance with a Templar woman after Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad.
- ↑ Assassin's Creed on Twitter
- ↑ GameInformer: Ten Things You Need To Know About Assassin's Creed Unity
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Unity Experience Trailer #1: New Engine, New Gameplay
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Unity bringing co-op to the series on Oct 28
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Assassin's Creed: Unity - Introduction to Arno
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Assassin's Creed: Unity - Interview at E3 2014
- ↑ AC Initiates: The Network Podcast - Episode 5
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Unity FAQ Answers All Your Questions about Story, Co-op, Next-Gen Graphics and More
- ↑ Assassin's Creed Unity Devblog – Arno with Travis Stout