Apollo is the ancient Greek and Roman god of music, sunlight, poetry, art, and knowledge. He is the son of Zeus and Leto, and the twin brother of Artemis/Diana; Apollo is the father of Asklepios, the god of healing, and thus the grandfather of Hygieia. He is also regarded as one of the Twelve Gods, the major deities of the Greek pantheon.
Following the death of Python within a temple, its skeleton was left there as a reminder, and the occupation of Pythia was born. During the Peloponnesian War in the 5th century BCE, the Spartan misthios Kassandra explored the area.
When the Greeks founded the colony of Cyrenaica in Africa, they brought the worship of Apollo along, building a temple complex in the city of Cyrene. By the 1st century BCE, Apollo was still widely worshipped by ancient Greeks, who regarded him as the patron god of the city.
Behind the scenes
- Assassin's Creed II (statue only)
- Assassin's Creed: Origins (statue only)
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (artwork only)
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Delos: Kynthos Ruins
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Delos: Rhenea
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Phokis: Snake Temple
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Attika: Temple of Themis
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Keos: Akropolis of Karthaia
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Assassin's Creed: Origins
- ↑ Assassin's Creed II