|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
- "Tommorow is a new day. Korinth will be reborn."
- ―Anthousa, c.430 BCE[src]
An associate of the Athenian statesman Alkibiades, Anthousa assisted the misthios Kassandra in her search for her mother Myrrine, while enlisting her help to combat the The Monger, a member of the Cult of Kosmos who terrorized the city of Korinth.
Leader of the hetaerai
At least since the 440s BCE, Anthousa served as the leader of the hetaerai in Korinth. On one occasion, Anthousa met a vagrant Myrrine, the daughter of the late King Leonidas I of Sparta who left her home after an accident on Mount Taygetos. Unwilling to leave her out on the streets under a heavy rain, Anthousa took her in and gave her shelter. As Myrrine often kept to herself, Anthousa made efforts to help her open up about her past though she gained little in return. Eventually, the Spartan woman departed Korinth after winning a ship, the Siren Song, in a game of dice.
At some point, Anthousa also made the acquaintance of Alkibiades, an Athenian noble and a student of the famed philosopher Sokrates. She also gained the acquaintance of Aspasia, the spouse of the Athenian statesman Perikles.
Conflict against the Monger
In the 430s BCE, Anthousa came into the conflict with The Monger, a thug and secretly a member of the branch of the Cult of Kosmos which had infiltrated the Peloponnesian League. With the Cult's aid, the Monger was able to initiate a takeover of Korinthia and the city, leaving Anthousa and her hetaerai stranded in the Akrokorinth.
Sparta, being an ally of Korinth, sent the officer Brasidas to aid Anthousa and her followers against the Monger. However, the two disagreed on methods to deal with the Monger after his defeat: while Anthousa called for the thug to be killed in public, Brasidas and Sparta wanted a silent killing.
During the Peloponnesian War, Anthousa was notified of the misthios Kassandra's arrival by Phoibe, a young girl who worked for Aspasia. After noting Kassandra's efforts of saving the worshippers from the Monger's thugs at the Temple of Aphrodite, Anthousa introduced herself to the misthios at the Spring of Peirene. In exchange for information on Myrrine, Kassandra agreed to assist Anthousa, helping some of her hetaerae including Damalisand Erinna.
Somethere after, the Monger was killed by Kassandra in his own warehouse, with his remains publicly displayed against Brasidas' wishes. Anthousa then provided Kassandra all she knew of Myrrine, and her departure after winning the Siren Song years ago. Afterwards, she bade Kassandra farewell and good luck in her search.
- The name is derived from the Greek word ανθος (anthos), which means 'flower'.
- Depending on the choice made regarding the Monger, the Impact Mission Rival Lovers or Competing Admirers will be unlocked.
- Selecting one, you will be contracted to kill the other; the politician will hire you to kill the poet, and the poet to kill the politician.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Monger Down
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Port of Lawlessness
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – To Find a Girl
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – To Help a Girl
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Follow That Boat
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey novel – Chapter 9