Layla Hassan was able to locate several of them while reliving the genetic memories of the Viking shieldmaiden Eivor Varinsdottir of the Raven Clan. Each Anomaly involved a digital platforming-puzzle inside the simulation that Layla had to complete. Nearing the completion of each Anomaly, echoes of ancient voices could be heard.
The Animus Anomalies were created by the Isu Loki through his reincarnation Basim Ibn Ishaq during his time trapped within the Yggdrasil supercomputer, which he then sent to the Assassins via his mysterious audio file. They contained encrypted fragments of Loki's own memory during the Great Catastrophe, and during the solving of the puzzles, the voices of Loki and his lover Angrboða could be heard. Collecting all ten of the fragments pieced together the complete memory which amazed Layla and her allies, Shaun Hastings and Rebecca Crane, who helped her decode it. Complete and unfettered Isu memories straight from the source were a rarity, with only one other being known to the Assassins at that time.
Each Animus Anomaly was located sporadically with no significance to any particular location. Approaching within close proximity to the Anomaly caused the simulation session to become unstable and glitch. Upon interacting with said Anomalies, the simulation would pause itself and Layla was free to complete the puzzle. The Anomalies were represented on the Animus map function by a icon resembling the Nabla symbol with the letter "Λ" inside.
- Near an aqueduct southeast of the Evinghou Tower, Oxenefordscire
- Basilica Ruins, Lincolnscire
- Briudun Hill, Snotinghamscire
- Hlutrholt, Torghatten Rock, Hordafylke
- Kildesbig, Ledecestrescire
- Needham Lake, East Anglia
- Quartzite Ridge, Sciropescire
- Seven Sisters, Suthsexe
- The Needles, Hamtunscire
- Thornburg Henges, Eurviscire
- Unknown Female Voice: I've spoken with the Mother, the Father, the Sacred Voice. They have assured me their success is imminent. Our people will survive the cataclysm.
- Unknown Male Voice: Six times they have tried to save us. Six times they have failed. Forgive me if I have my doubts.
- Unknown Female Voice: The mother is working on a seventh. A bold solution ... risky. But she is confident it can work.
- Unknown Male Voice: And what does the Father say? Or the Voice? They are strangely silent these days...
- Unknown Male Voice: Curse that Mad One, that one-eyed wretch! He has taken our son! Imprisoned him for invented crimes and locked him away!
- Unknown Female Voice: As he said he would, love. Do you not remember his threats? You should have been more careful.
- Unknown Male Voice: Have we no power to stop him? To save our son? No recourse?
- Unknown Female Voice: What can we say? And to whom? Must the world know about our children? Must your wife learn of us? Is that a risk you want to take?
- Unknown Male Voice: I must do something! Anything!
- Unknown Female Voice: My love, what happened? You are flushed, trembling.
- Unknown Male Voice: An eye for an eye. A son for a son. For if ours must suffer needlessly to the end of his life, so too will his tormentor.
- Unknown Female Voice: What ... what have you done?
- Unknown Male Voice: The poor boy collapsed so suddenly. Felled by the faintest taste of mistel-berry. With his father standing over him, weeping!
- Unknown Female Voice: Reckless, foolish! Were you seen? Do they know it was you?
- Unknown Male Voice: (laugh)
- Unknown Female Voice: Wake, my love, wake! Soldiers at our door. They've come for you! For us.
- Unknown Male Voice: Let them take me. I have no more fear. Let me air my wrath in the courts.
- Unknown Female Voice: They'll kill you before they let you speak!
- Unknown Male Voice: I'll appeal to the Council. They must know what the Mad One has done.
- Unknown Female Voice: They're upon us! Now is not the time!
- Unknown Female Voice: Have you heard? The High Council has stripped the Mother of her title. For gifting our tormentor her seventh method of salvation.
- Unknown Male Voice: The seventh method? Is it viable? Why were we not told?
- Unknown Female Voice: I've heard whispers and rumors. It seems the seventh requires a human host.
- Unknown Male Voice: A human host? Do you mean ... rebirth? As one of them?
- Unknown Female Voice: Yes. But it's a small loss for a greater gain. A risk we must be willing to take.
- Unknown Male Voice: The Mad One is away, wandering in lands afar. He searches for a way to resurrect his son. Asking every leaf and stone for answers.
- Unknown Female Voice: We can use this to our advantage. To steal the seventh, the seal and its catalyst.
- Unknown Male Voice: It should be ours. For all the suffering he has wrought.
- Unknown Female Voice: Our minds are attuned, love. As sympathetic strings.
- Unknown Male Voice: When the time is right, just right, we'll go.
- Unknown Female Voice: Ah! Stop ... stop!
- Unknown Male Voice: Keep still, love. You're injured. Now let me see...
- Unknown Female Voice: Ah! No ... no more, please. Let me ... let me die. Here. Where all is quiet.
- Unknown Male Voice: No! This is ... this is NOT your end. There is a way. A Piece of Eden, a staff attuned to this method of transfer. It may work!
- Unknown Female Voice: Or I may end up like the outcast's husband. A beating heart without a mind. But do what you must ... I see no other way.
- Unknown Male Voice: Be still, love. And let the current flow. Let it take you.
- Unknown Female Voice: Is this...? This is dangerous. It may not work.
- Unknown Male Voice: Until we have the serum, this is all we can manage.
- Unknown Female Voice: Will you not ask the Mad One for me? Ask him for the serum. Beg him for it.
- Unknown Male Voice: He would not listen. And I would sooner see our world obliterated before I gave that man a view of me on my knees.
- Unknown Male Voice: My love, are you there? Speak and tell me you live.
- Unknown Female Voice: I ... I live. If this is living. A mind without a body.
- Unknown Male Voice: And do you feel?
- Unknown Female Voice: I feel myself. My sense of being. Nothing more. Nothing less. No pain or ... or joy ... or passage of time.
- Unknown Male Voice: And yet, you are with me. And I with you. And together we will endure.
- Unknown Male Voice: My love, the time is now. The cataclysm is upon us. The Mad One has gathered his trusted eight to his secret hall.
- Unknown Female Voice: Remember the calculations. You must act with precision. Every small step must be accounted for.
- Unknown Male Voice: I'll remember. They are burned into my brain.
- Unknown Female Voice: How long till your rebirth?
- Unknown Male Voice: A long time, love. You must wait in your endless present, and I will sail the black sea of nonbeing. But if all goes well, I'll find you again. On the far side of our doom. We'll be together. Again.
Behind the scenes
In Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, the achievement "The Hidden Truth" could be earned by completing all the anomalies and unlocking the secret memory.