|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
- "For every soul that lives in peace, others had to die. It is the only way."
- ―Amorges' motto.[src]
A former member of the Persian elite and a close friend of Darius, formerly known as Artabanus, Amorges joined the Order and prevented Darius' assassination of King Artaxerxes I, the son of Xerxes I whom Darius had previously assassinated. After Darius was branded a traitor and forced to flee Persia with his family, Amorges sent a branch of the Order to track him down and eliminate him.
Joining the Order
Amorges was a member of the Persian elite alongside Artabanus and Pactyas who served during the reign of Xerxes I of Persia. At some point, they learned the existence of the Order of the Ancients, a secret and powerful organization who backed and supported Xerxes and the previous emperors. Opposing the King's tyranny and the organizations corruption, Amorges and Darius secretly formed a small group intending to assassinate Xerxes. They successfully did so in 465 BCE, with Darius personally assassinating the Emperor with a Hidden Blade.
With Xerxes' death, his son Artaxerxes ascended the throne. Fearing that he was also manipulated by the Ancients, Darius plotted his assassination soon after. Amorges, however, opposed his decision, believing that the Emperor was still young and they should wait until the evidence suffices that shows his corruption. Nevertheless, Darius went ahead with his plot and infiltrated the palace at night. Amorges, disapproved of Darius' beliefs, joined the Order himself and confronted Darius outside the palace door. Clashing with each other, Amorges called for the guards, an act which branded Darius as a traitor to the Empire. As such, Darius was thus forced to flee Persia with his family.
Following the death of Pactyas at the hands of Kassandra, in Makedonia, Amorges travelled to Greece to investigate first-hand the Tainted One who had killed his old friend. He arrived in Achaia alongside the Tempest, a Greek-born member of the Order sent to hunt down Kassandra and Darius, who was also in Achaia at the time.
Adopting the pseudonym of Orontas, Amorges disguised himself as a stranded merchant seeking to escape the Tempest's blockade of the region. In this capacity, he met with Kassandra and worked with her to undermine the Tempest's control of the region, all with a view to learning more about his enemy.
Sometime later, following the birth of Kassandra and Natakas' son, Elpidios, "Orontas" located their home and ordered that the entirety of the Order be brought to Greece to pursue Darius, who had taken up residence with Kassandra and Natakas.
Personality and characteristics
Amorges was an ambitious, ruthless and patriotic man who yearned for Persian rule throughout the Mediterranean, including Greece. I have no hesitation in murdering and enslaving innocent people in order to instill fear in Greek society, he was an expert manipulator capable of buying from the Greek authorities with the aim of a better future. He detested the Tainted Ones as he considered them too dangerous to even be alive, so he sent Pactyas to hunt down all of that class.
- Amorges (Ἀμόργης) is the name of both the leader of the Carian rebellion against king Darius II in 413 BCE, and the 6th century BCE Persian king of the Amyrgians. Orontas is the Hellenized form of the Persian word اروند (arvand) "of greatness, mighty".
- Amorges's background is similar to that of Megabyzus who historically was complicit in Artabanus's plot to assassinate Xerxes but later betrayed him before Artaxerxes could be killed.
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Shadow Heritage – Stranger Tides
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Shadow Heritage – Prodigal
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Shadow Heritage
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Bloodline – Legacy of the First Blade