While in Makedonia, Akantha made the acquaintance of the leader of Makedonia, and eventually became his wife, ensuring that he'd do anything for her. While Akantha lived at his house in Amphipolis, she often visited the Olynthos Fortress with her husband, and held parties there. She also managed to talk her husband into securing guards for Akantha's shipments.
However, not everyone was in love with Akantha. There were rumors she was unfaithful, though her husband didn't believe them. In fact, he set officers to investigate the rumours, and deal with those spreading them accordingly.
When Darius tasked the Spartan misthios Kassandra to find out clues within the Olynthos Fortress regarding where and when the man known as the Recruiter would meet with his minions, Kassandra also found a letter written by the leader of Makedonia to his wife, as well as a love letter, revealing Akantha's true allegiances.
Having discovered her true identity, Kassandra infiltrated the leader's house, and assassinated Akantha.
Personality and traits
Akantha liked men as they were easy to manipulate, her husband, the leader of Makedonia, was no exception. She used her position as his wife to spread her web of lies. As the wife of the Makedonian leader, Akantha believed it gave her immunity to hunt down the Tainted Ones.
- Akantha (Ἄκανθα) is an Ancient Greek name meaning "thorn, prickle" possibly derived from from ἀκή (akḗ) "thorn" and ἄνθος (ánthos) "flower".
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted – Order of the Ancients clues: Rumors Overheard by Natakas
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted – Order of the Ancients clues: Message to the Deceiver
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted – Revealing the Recruiter
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted – Cultists: Akantha the Deceiver