I. CIVILITY & ETIQUETTE
1(a). Be nice and treat people with respect and courtesy. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions. Do not comment just to provoke.
1(b). Posts and comments which express prejudice towards a certain race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, age, and/or physical or mental disability is strictly prohibited. Users who employ hate speech and/or racial slurs are subject to an immediate ban.
1(c). Posts and comments which are hateful, toxic, or abusive will be deleted. Bullying and harassment will not be tolerated. When debating, do not resort to personal attacks.
1(d). Even if you are in the right or you feel that there is a valid reason to be angry, please do your best to maintain composure. When confronted with abuse, do not stoop to the other party's level. You can correct others and be civil at the same time.
1(e). Posts and comments which are spam and vandalism will be deleted.
1(f). Encouraging illegal behavior and/or inciting violence is grounds for an immediate ban.
2(a). With few exceptions, posts should normally be relevant to Assassin's Creed and/or to the Assassin's Creed Wiki.
Exceptions include holiday greetings, bonding over humanitarian crises, and other such posts which are heartwarming and help bring people together.
Do not make posts announcing that you are leaving the wiki.
2(b). Memes and other casual posts related to Assassin's Creed are allowed, but excessively low quality posts will be subject to deletion at moderators' discretion.
2(c). Any post which is identical to or too similar to another one which has been posted within the past 7 days will either be deleted or locked with a link to the earlier post.
2(d). Posts, whether positive or negative, should not be directed at specific individuals, whether moderators or non-moderators.
You should not be tagging another individual in your post. Such messages belong in user talk pages, message walls, or in private messaging on other platforms.
2(e). In line with 2(d), posts whose content consists of listing your friends on this board are strictly prohibited.
While ostensibly positive, posts like these inevitably imply individuals who are not friends, which can end up hurting those individuals' feelings. It can also create future awkwardness between you and an individual in you named if they happen to not consent to it.
2(f). Sharing personal information in your posts or comments is strictly prohibited and will be immediately deleted. This is especially the case if that personal information belongs to someone else or if you are a minor.
2(g). While 2(a) allows off-topic posts that bring people together, you should also refrain from venting your personal crises on this board if it is not part of a wider humanitarian crisis (like the coronavirus or war).
This is not because you should feel ashamed to share these issues but because this board is not the right place for it.
2(h). Posting illegal or pirated content or linking to such websites is strictly prohibited and grounds for an immediate ban.
2(i). Posts which solicit up-votes will be deleted.
2(j). Posts which are part of a regular series, whether weekly or monthly, are permitted, but they must be limited to no more than once a week in total across the board.
2(k). The following questions are allowed only once per month:
"Who is your favorite character?"
"Who is your favorite Assassin?"
"Who is your favorite Templar?"
"What/which is your favorite game?"
2(l). "versus" posts are allowed, but they must always be in the form of a poll.
3. Spoiler policy: any post relating to content that has not been released for more than 3 months must be tagged as [SPOILERS], *spoilers*, or some other variation in the title. Enough space must be made in the post so that the spoilers also cannot be seen in the preview of the post.
4. Sockpuppetry, which is the creation of multiple accounts to try to circumvent a ban, is strictly prohibited and will immediately lead to an extension of the ban.
5. Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated.
6. Use proper English. Slang is permitted, but posts written incoherently which otherwise would have been perfectly valid may be subject to removal. Please refrain from typing in all caps.
7. Please refrain from double-posting. This means making multiple comments one after another in a chain which are small enough on their own that they could have been condensed into one comment.
8. Please remember to categorize your posts correctly. If you fail to do so, you won't be banned, but it does put extra work on the moderators.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask for help. :)
You can contact me at https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/User_talk:Sol_Pacificus.
Alternatively, you can contact Fandom staff through "Give feedback" on your app's Settings screen, or via http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact.